Thursday, September 27, 2007

New organ, anyone?

Just a quick note to let you all know that I, Sarah, was tired of being home all day so I went looking for another job. Yep, can't seem to sit still. Well, I interviewed at a place called Tengion, Inc., and they offered me a job instantly! And I started 5 days later. I am a Research Associate at Tengion, who is a leading tissue engineering company, regenerating organs and tissues in a laboratory to be implanted into patients whose organs have failed or are damaged. Cutting-edge technology! If you are interested in learning more, their website is tengion.com. It's great to be a part of something that could change people's lives.

In other news, Cory got to meet a famous writer that he is very fond of...Orson Scott Card. He happens to live in Greensboro (25 min away) and I always make fun of him saying that we moved here to be close to him! He wrote Ender's Game and the books that follow. He stood in line for an hour to get his book signed! Until next time!


2 comments:

Bekki said...

Sara! Sounds like an exciting job and PERFECT for you! So cool! Corey, I didn't know we have that in common! I LOVE OSC!! Such a good author! Did you read Ender's Shadow after you read Ender's Game??? You gotta do that! Wish I could have met him too! I'm jealous!

Sarah Q said...

Yeah, Cory's read ALL of his books. He's a super-fan.