Sunday, September 07, 2008
Baby Shower!
My good friend Stacey and her husband Jeremy (who were just married a couple weeks ago, YAY!) threw Cory and I a baby shower this Saturday. It was a casual, boys-invited shower and it turned out great! Stacey really knows how to host a party....and this was her first! We had excellent decorations and even more excellent food!




We had a great turn-out, a couple friends from church and work showed up. Then came the games. The boys-only chug the Vault soda from the baby bottle...it took alot longer than we thought! Our friend Joseph Sloop was the winner by a land-slide. We also played a minorly disgusting game where we had to guess what chocolate bar was melted into the diaper....it was halarious seeing people stick their noses into a browny chunky mush in a diaper!


This is Cory modeling the "consolation" prize he chose out of a prize bag...since he didn't win any games. I think he was secretly excited to pick out a doo-rag!
Then came the gift opening....I definitely had alot of fun doing that! We received a lot of great things, THANK YOU everyone! Our mothers sent us gifts to open at the baby shower, and here's a couple pictures of the gifts they sent....Cory's mom sent us a photo album, bunny, and cute outfits, and my mom sent a bunny, bibs, and cute outfits....of course one of them had to have CANADA on it! How cute!






Note: we thought this picture was funny (during the gift opening) because a lot of people think Cory and our friend Josh look alike, and here they are lookin' like twins!
Of course, we had to measure the bellies.....mine was a hefty 38 inches around so Cory wanted to compare his belly. I win! Cory's belly was 39 inches around!! I guess the "sympathy weight" thing is real!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment