Wednesday, December 10, 2008

It's Christmas? What?

Since we have been so distracted lately what with our new baby, we've totally forgotten that it's getting closer to Christmas! So we apologize now for the lack of Christmas cards that will be going out this year and the lame and/or late Christmas presents that will no doubt end up being gift cards. Our decorating this year will consist of a 1 foot high fake tree that will sit atop our mantle adorned with a few ornaments, and the traditional stockings (since we have a new addition to the family we have a new stocking!) We haven't yet put up this mini-tree, since I don't believe in putting up a tree until mid-December at the earliest! Maybe that will change once Sophia is old enough to appreciate Christmas.

Any-whoo, I saw these Christmas questions on our friends' website and thought I'd add our two cents:

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper

2. Real tree or Artificial? Fake. Never had a real tree before....I imagine they're too messy and smelly.

3. When do you put up the tree? mid-December

4. When do you take the tree down? After New Years.

5. Do you like eggnog? Ick! I think Cory does.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Hmmm, can't remember much before I got married so how can I remember that?

7. Hardest person to buy for? In-laws. They have everything!

8. Easiest person to buy for? Well, Sophia now. She can't complain!

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, got it as a gift from the in-laws

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Normally mail. This year, nada. But we'll probably put a Christmas greeting on our blog (does that count?)

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Hmm, tough question. There's been a few.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Sarah: Rudolph Cory: How the Grinch Stole Christmas

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Not till December hits

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Probably but can't think of a specific time

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Nectarines! Weird, I know.

16. Lights on the tree? Of course!

17. Favorite Christmas song? Oh Holy Night sung by Mariah Carey. Oh, and the entire Boney M album.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home more often than not. Holiday travel is stressful!

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? Oh yes, I can sing the whole song

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? I like a silver star.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas day? Christmas day. Open one present on Christmas Eve.

22. Does Santa Wrap your presents? Say what? No, I do.

23. Snow, Love it or Dread it? Like it when it is falling and sticks to trees and grass. Hate it on the roads

24. Candy canes: Yuck or Yum? Peppermint, yuck. Cherry, yum.

25. What the most important thing about the season? Family and celebrating the birth of Christ.

2 comments:

Katie said...

That comic is hilarious. I'm glad you guys are making time for Christmas celebrations!

Christopher Quinlan said...

Sending our love, Wisconsin Christmas cheer & prayers for the little darling we're so eager to meet. Peace & Love~ (and I like cherry candy canes too)