Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving

Cory's parents (GQ and Rog) and his brother's family (Ryan, Steph, Ethan, Madison) came down for Thanksgiving. We had a full house with 6 adults and 3 children! We had a good visit, and a good turkey dinner. Which, of course, GQ had to cook, since I am useless in the kitchen. It won't be that way forever, I promise! Now that Sophie's eating real people food, I think I'm gonna have to learn to cook. Poo. (No, I'm not gonna cook poo, I'm gonna have to cook. Period. Poo. Period. I know that's what you're thinking)

We didn't think to take too many pictures, unfortunately, so I'm going to have to ask GQ to send me some, but here's a couple pictures we did take of Sophie opening her birthday gifts from Grammie and Grampie (again, GQ and Rog).By the by, Sophie is a full blown walker now. No more sissy crawling for her. I guess it was her goal to walk by her first birthday. Way to hit your goal Sophie!

Other Thanksgiving hoopla included Cory and I going out to see New Moon. LOVE. Only because I am mildly hot for the 17 year old Jacob character. Don't judge me! He's got women of ALL ages lusting after him, so there. TEAM JACOB ALL THE WAY. And I was on Team Jacob while reading the books too, so I didn't like "switch teams" after seeing the movie or anything. (switch teams, hee hee). For all you non-Twilight people (if there are any), just skip this paragraph or you'll just get confused :)

Finally, it was our nephew Ethan's birthday while they were here. So of course, I had to make him a cake. Any excuse to practice, right? Anyway, he's really into soccer, so this is what I did. Don't ask me why half the ball is buried in the ground. Doesn't make sense to me either.Lastly, I just want to mention what I am thankful for. First and foremost, for my healthy baby girl (I think Cory feels shafted). We went to her one year check up today and she's doing perfectly. She's the best thing that exists on this planet and I am so grateful that she is healthy and growing and learning.

I am also thankful for my hubby. He's also the best thing that has happened to me. I'd be lost without him and he completes my life. He's my better half for sure! Love you honey!

No comments: