Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Terrible pre-twos!

Since I am new to the raising of a toddler, is it normal for my 14 month old to be so....hmmm....how can I say this nicely....opinionated?

She no longer lets us change her diaper, she immediately cries and rolls over so we have to pretty much diaper her on the move or standing up, it's quite the talent we have acquired.

She throws, might I say ferociously, her food and sippy cup off the high chair to the floor when she doesn't want it, and cries to get out.

She wants to watch her Barney DVD ALL THE TIME and is somewhat destructive when she has to find something else to do instead.

I thought my baby was the picture of perfection. Now, I'm not so sure! :)

2 comments:

Brandon and Becca said...

Totally normal. You have to learn to use your legs to pin her down for diaper changes. That's what we did with the boys. We started time outs by 18 months I think. Soon she will have opinions on what she will and won't wear too. Think of it this way...she is entering the terrible twos early which means she is advanced.

Katie said...

Yep, normal. That's why they're so cute.