I was looking forward to the 4th of July holiday this year, because I have been a recluse in the house and we have not done anything "normal" in the last little bit, so I wanted to take the family to some holiday festivities that were going on around here. There were a number of parades and other shenanigans in various towns nearby and I was looking forward to getting Sophie's face painted and eating hot dogs and taking pictures of us being, again, "normal."
It was not meant to be. The second we got in the car and started driving to one said festivity it started pouring rain, thundering and lightning...ing. We should have gotten the clue from the dark ominous clouds that were above us as we got in the car, but, we ignored them.
So I was sad.
But, all was not lost!
It stopped raining about an hour before it got dark so we drove to Lewisville, the town next to ours, and found that the entire state of North Carolina was walking and parking in the same area to watch the fireworks. We found a parking spot about a thousand miles from the park where they were going to let off the fireworks and hoisted out the double stroller and walked to the park, and found a small patch of grass just in time for the fireworks! We were unsure how the kiddies would like them, since this was the first time for both of them, but Sophie loved them! Sienna just kinda stared around like always, but didn't cry.
Now you may not know, but I am the one who is bothered by fireworks. I may have seen fireworks live and in person maybe 3-4 times in my entire lifetime because the loud sudden bangs have always bothered my ears. Now, really, I'm not a complete wuss, but it actually gives me pain! Anyway, despite forgetting my earplugs, it was worth it to see Sophie enjoy them. (and Cory too, I might add, since we have never seen fireworks together EVER)
Happy 4th of July!
No comments:
Post a Comment