We had a great Christmas this year! Sophie is at that age where she wants to do EVERYTHING and be very involved, it's a fun age! We started Christmas festivities at the beginning of the month with an advent calendar to count down to Christmas with a different Christmas activity every day. We did things like make crafts and bake treats, watch Christmas movies, listen to Christmas music, and of course, make a gingerbread house!
And we made melting snowman cookies...morbid? Maybe...but cute and delicious...especially when you bite off their heads...mmmmmm....Sienna in a cute outfit she got for Christmas!
Sienna in her official Christmas uniform:
Our yummy Christmas Eve treats! We have the tradition of eating delectable treats on Christmas Eve that always included bubbly sparkling juices and a shrimp ring. Don't mind Sophie's bandaids on her head...she wasn't in a knife fight or anything. She just had a couple scratches on her forehead that she would. not. stop. picking. Now they've finally healed but she has 2 crater-like scars on her head that I'm afraid will never go away!
Christmas morning! Sophie got a letter from Santa Claus!
The tree and all the presents on Christmas morning:
Calvin effectively ripping apart his Christmas present.
Sienna playing with the new kitchen. She was enthralled with this and the marble run toy so much that she didn't care to open any of her other presents.
Sophie beginning to open her mountain of presents:
Sophie's Christmas loot this year....spoiled? I think so!
Sienna's loot this year....hmmmm....the pile seems significantly less than Sophie's....good thing she has no idea what's going on...until she's older and reads this blog post, then we'll have an angry teenager who we'll have to make it up to.
Thank you everyone for all the Christmas presents! And a special thanks to our Aunt Joy who never fails to send us our yummy chocolate letters! We love that you've kept up this tradition throughout all these years!As for New Years, I've got 50 goals for the year. Yup, I overdid it again. Apparently I have a lot of things to work on :)
But one of my New Years goals was to run in a 5K race, and I've signed up for 2 of them! One is a Color run in March where you wear a white shirt and throughout the race people throw colored powder all over you so by the end you are a colorful mess. AAAAAAnd the other is a ZOMBIE race in May. Yes, I will be running in a race being chased by zombies, no lie. I am SO EXCITED. Adam...if you read this....now is your chance to come visit me and run the race with me!
And I've actually started training so for the first time ever in my life, I am exercising/running on a regular basis. If I don't, I'll be zombie meat. And that's no fun.
Hope everyone had a great holiday! Now to get working on those goals...one of which is to blog more regularly...we'll see if that happens!
No comments:
Post a Comment