It's been an eventful month or so and I haven't been feeling well enough to blog lately, so today I will attempt a brief (maybe) summary of the latest happenings. First things first, I got a haircut in March. Old news. Moving on!

We took Calvin for his first trip to a State park in April. He did surprisingly well, except he barked at every moving object, including all humans. So embarrassing!

Now onto some slightly more important and very sad news. We found out a couple weeks ago that my 4 year old nephew, Garrett, was in the hospital. Unfortunately the prognosis was not good and he passed away on May 1st. Garrett is the middle child of my brother Adam and his wife Bekki, who live in Mesa, Arizona. Once we heard the news we bought some last-minute tickets to Arizona for the weekend to go to his funeral. My whole family (mom, dad, and Jason) also came and it was good to see everyone again, unfortunately a very sad reason to get together. I did get to see my neice, Maura, for the first time, and she is a cutie!! We wish Adam and Bekki, Dallin and Maura all the best and want them to know they are in our prayers and we love them very much!




Now, as some of you know, I am pregnant (as of tomorrow I am 12 weeks along) and have been sick through alot of the pregnancy so far. The morning sickness has passed but last week I was having some tachycardia and heart palpitations pretty badly. Wednesday night I woke up 3 times by my heart pounding like a jack-rabbit. I called my OB in the middle of the night and she suggested I go to the ER. I didn't, thinking I could just take the day off work and rest the next day (Thursday). Which I did. Then I attempted to go to work again on Friday. My heart was beating 130 beats/minute and I started having trouble breathing so I called Cory and he picked me up from work and took me to the hospital. After many blood tests, ultrasounds looking for blood clots, heart monitoring, an IV, they came into my room and told me that there was nothing wrong with me. My thyroid, blood glucose, iron and other things they checked were all fine, my heart has a normal rhythm and no blood clots. So they said I was probably going to have to deal with the palpitations due to my pregnancy and that I was probably severely dehydrated which made it worse. Needless to say, I am still tired and weak and trying to get back to normal, and this time, I have a bottle of water in my hands constantly! I have an OBGYN appt. next week and we'll see if the baby is ok.
And finally, I wanted to give a shout out to all the moms out there....HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY! Especially to my mom and my mom-in-law. My mom is the greatest and the most sacrificing person I know. I can always count on her for a laugh and the latest updates from Canada! Not to mention all the Canadian chocolate, and flags and weird Canadian souveneirs she likes to send us. Don't worry mom, I won't forget where I came from!
And I couldn't have gotten any luckier with my mother-in-law, Georgeann Quinlan (GQ for short). She is always willing to help out her family with anything they need and is a great inspiration to me. She's my American mom!
We love you moms!


Now this blog is mostly written by me, Sarah, as a record of our activities to keep family and friends up- to- date on our lives. Lately, Cory has been thinking of starting a blog of his own, of course, which would be primarily for voicing his opinion on the many things he has issues with (hence, his soapbox). So stay tuned for a link on our blog to his ramblings! I'm sure they'll be amusing.
4 comments:
So good to see you back blogging!
Congrats! I hope things settle down and you don't have to put up with heart problems for 9 months. Glad to hear you aren't nauseated anymore though. Keep us posted.
Awesome! Kudos to you both. When is your due date?
Also, I was so sorry to hear about your nephew. I hope your brother and his family are doing okay.
So good to see you Sarah! You will be a terrific mom. Take it easy,slow down and relax. Being pregnant and all the stuff that comes with it is just you body's way of getting you ready to have a baby! It's a big change, but oh, so worth it. I'm so excited for you to be a mom! Wish we could hug you more often.
Bekki
Post a Comment