One: I've dabbled in craftiness in my days, and now I'm using that craftiness to make......drum roll please.....Diaper Cakes! What are diaper cakes? Well they are a really cool gift idea for moms-to-be, a "cake" made out of diapers and little baby gifts that is in the shape of a tiered cake. Par example, my first diaper cake:
Obsession number two: I have become a certified baby sign language instructor. I want to teach workshops for parents to teach them how to sign with their babies. We are also going to start signing with Sophie soon. Baby sign language is becoming very popular because you can communicate with your baby using signs before they can speak! That way they have less tantrums and you know what they want before they can say it. Also, signing with baby does NOT hinder their speaking development and signing babies have higher IQs (do I sound like a commercial? I think SO!) Anyway, I'm hoping to make this a little side business and I think it'll be fun! Check out my website here.
I think secretly I'm trying to develop skills in other areas so that I can feel productive when I become a stay-at-home mommy. I'm not sure when it'll happen, but I'm certain I won't stay at work forever.
Well that about wraps up my obsessions for now. I'm sure I'll develop more in the future!
2 comments:
it's a good thing i didn't teach my kids to sign. their iqs are already so high that they would probably have become difficult to work with geniuses!
I wanted to do that, but never did. You'll have to let me know how it works with Sophie. Also, kudos on gettin' your craft on. Lovely cake, there. I'm excited to see what else you make.
Post a Comment