We had to take Sophie out into the snow, but she wasn't impressed. All she got was a wet butt.
Wednesday, December 23, 2009
White Christmas?
After our recent snowstorm, we may indeed have a white Christmas after all! It snowed last weekend but there is still snow on the ground so it may last another couple days. Go figure, a white Christmas in North Carolina! And I was just thinking recently how I miss snow, and debated moving to a more snowy state in the future. Well, no more! I got my snow fix and I don't have to go anywhere!
We had to take Sophie out into the snow, but she wasn't impressed. All she got was a wet butt.



This is our Christmas tree this year. Yes, it is in the spare room, so we can prevent Sophie from pulling it down, at least until the big day. Plus, I'm kinda scroogy this year so it suits me fine that it's not in the main living area!
Despite my scrooginess, I did decide to do a little Christmas baking, which yes, is unlike me. Everyone else does it, so why don't I? Well, now I know why. It takes A LOT of time, and even more time to clean up! But I saw a really cute idea online and HAD to try it. What do you think? Snow globe cupcakes! The figures are made from fondant and the cupcakes are also covered with it. Oh, and I made "cake balls" too, you can find the idea here. BUT, I didn't have enough chocolate, since I am a chocolate-melting novice and used half my chocolate up practicing and burning it. Burnt chocolate stinks!


Anyway, have a very very Merry Christmas everyone! Hope Santa gives you some good loot, we all know that's the true meaning of Christmas! ;)
We had to take Sophie out into the snow, but she wasn't impressed. All she got was a wet butt.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
those are so cute! wherever did you find the glass balls for the top? i don't blame you for not enjoying the cleanup . . .
Post a Comment