Tuesday, April 06, 2010

My attempts at making something ugly look not so ugly

I've been inspired to be thrifty lately and have wanted to attempt making something drab look fab. Oh, that sounded cool! I'm sure I'm not the first to use it.

So here's my first couple creations. Gotta keep it simple for newbies like me.

A boring, ugly cork board Cory refuses to dispose of:
A useful, not so ugly cork board!A boring mini-bench from Goodwill:A pretty bench for flowers! And I do want to get cutsie pots to put the flowers in, but haven't found any yet.No where near the transformations I have seen some people do on their blogs, but good enough to start with!

2 comments:

New Brunswick Russells said...

Love what you have done with the bench and flowers. I need to start working in my gardens (flower/veggie)but holding off. Just enjoying the sunshiny weather now and no snow.

Katie said...

Those are awesome! I would say that your attempts succeeded. And don't be intimidated by overly crafty blogs. Stand up for your craft!