Thursday, March 17, 2011

Journey to the North


My mom and dad are moving and needed help getting a bunch of stuff out of the basement. My brothers both had Spring Break this month and had some time off, so they both decided to travel to our homeland to help sort through some old crap and help organize all the STUFF.

Even though I am 8 months pregnant and would be absolutely no help whatsoever, our family decided to make a trip of it and go north to visit my old stomping grounds and my family!  We knew we wouldn't be traveling for a while after this baby is born so we thought it'd be a good time to see everyone.

Because flight prices are astronomical, and it just so happens my passport expired in February and is currently being renewed, we really didn't have another choice but to drive.  It's about 14 hours.  With a toddler.  With an 8 month pregnant (and complaining) woman. Cory had a lot of fun. Actually, other than the fact that it rained the ENTIRE day we drove, it wasn't bad.

We got to see my mom and dad, my brothers and their first born sons, my aunts and uncles on both my dad and mom's side, and a cousin. Not bad for a 3 day trip! It was nice to see my old high school and house where we grew up and of course, I ate poutine every day that I could.  For those who don't know what poutine is, I will leave it to you to research, and hopefully, eventually, after you get over your shock (ew! that sounds gross!) to try it for yourself, because, people, it is heaven. Delicious, artery-clogging heaven. In Canada it is sold in almost every popular fast food restaurant.





We all went bowling one day and I forgot to warn Cory about the freaky-deaky bowling methods they have in Canada...5-pin bowling uses, yep, you guessed it, 5 pins and a ball a little bigger than a softball.  I had forgotten about that! I guess living in the States for 12+ years will do that to ya.

It was a nice trip, other than Sophie not sleeping pretty much AT ALL the whole trip, and getting a fever. But I'm so glad we went! The drive back was much more pleasant, and we stayed overnight in a hotel with a whirlpool right in the room.  It was sweet. We have more pictures of the trip but they are on Cory's ipod so they haven't been uploaded yet.

Now back to regular life and getting ready for this baby!   Only 7-8 weeks left! Yikes!

No comments: