I have 23 New Years Resolutions/Goals for 2012. Cory thinks I'm crazy for trying to do that many new things. Perhaps. But really, it is all things that I need and want to work on, and I am one of those LIST people who make lists for EVERYTHING! So having a list of things I want to work on really helps! I may not get to all my goals but I can at least try a little bit of each one. It helps that I broke them all down in to bite-size manageable bits, weekly or monthly. So we'll see how it goes!
For example, one of my goals is to learn to make a new food each month. If you don't already know, I don't cook. We survive on frozen food, boxed food and eating out, which, by the way, is another goal of mine: stop eating out so much! Anywho, I know how to make 2 casseroles and, well, that's it. Cory'll cook occasionally as well, but I feel I want to start doing more. SO. Last night, for my new January meal, I made MEATLOAF!!! Hail the conquering hero! And it was AWESOME! Now I'm sure you're laughing at me, with good reason, but it was quite the accomplishment for me. It was easy and was quite delectable. Add that to our list of like 10 rotating meals we eat. Whoo hoo! I'm rollin' now!
In other news:
The little girls of ours are doing well. Sophie is in soccer and really doesn't care about playing soccer, but will run around and kick the ball when it happens to be near her. Here's a pic of her in her soccer getup:
In her day to day activities, Sophie goes from one thing to another in about 3 minutes, and has the attention span of a goldfish. She gets one thing out and then wants to do something else in a matter of seconds. Is this normal?!? She loves our new Angry Birds game (not the app but you sling real plastic birds into plastic piggys in a house of plastic wooden blocks), Play-Doh, Candyland (heaven help us, the number of times we've had to play this) and painting on her new easel.
We've tried potty training with her on 3, count 'em, 3 separate occasions and she does NOT want to pee on the potty. In fact, she screams and cries when we try to get her to sit on it. Not for ANYTHING will she do so. We have dangled a bag of presents, chocolate, ice cream cones and all of such nonsense in her face as rewards, but she'd rather do without. AND when we tried the underwear thing where she only wears underwear for a weekend, she would PREFER to wet her underwear than sit on the potty. ANY SUGGESTIONS OR HELPFUL ADVICE WOULD BE APPRECIATED! And yes, I'm aware that I sound like I'm shouting. My frustration is leaking out. She's the really stubborn type (don't know where she got it from :) and she has to WANT to do something to do it, and she just doesn't want to. And she's 3 years old. And 2 months. And I'm sick of changing her diapers!
Anyway, to drastically change topics to avoid any hair-pulling and crying on my part, here's a random picture of her as a pirate.
Now Sienna. Dear, dear Sienna. She's been teething badly because she just got in both her first 2 bottom teeth! And she's been a poor miserable mess. Ignore the crusty booger in her nose in this picture, it was the best one to show her cute teeth! We even took her to the doctor because she has a cold and thought she may have an ear infection, you know, due to the incessant screaming and crying. No ear infection but the doctor said she's got like 3 more teeth coming. Yikes!
Now that she is teething and has her first teeth she bites everything and doesn't let go:Sienna is now 8 months old as of yesterday!! No crawling yet but she rolls all over the floor and is able to get what she wants that way. Here is her 8 month mugshot:
Having a crazy time, but we LOVE THESE GIRLS and wouldn't change it for the world!
1 comment:
Food: anytime you want a new recipe, let me know...I'll send an easy one your way!
Potty Training: Well, you said she likes toys so take them all away and she can only earn them back when she sits on the potty, then pees on the potty, then stays dry, etc...It's tough to do but it's just behavior modification (Brush up on Pavlov).
Your girls are soooo cute!! Just simply adorable!
Post a Comment