


My brother Adam, his girlfriend Jodi and Adam's kids were there too, so we got to spend some time with them that week. We had a lot of fun! Sunday night we had family over, my Uncle Dave and Aunt Lois, and my Aunt Joy and Uncle Eric, and my Grandpa McKinnon. It was so great to see them! I miss my family being so far away.

Tuesday we took the Go train into downtown Toronto and walked to the CN Tower, then went up to the top. Again, something I haven't done in years! The girls had no problem walking (and jumping) on the glass floor while Cory and I were slightly hesitant to step onto it.
Wednesday we visited Oshawa, the town I grew up in (my parents live in a different city now) and went to all the placed I used to live and visit while I was growing up. We went to the mall I used to work in and met up with a couple old friends! It was great to reminisce. Then we all went out to dinner together.
Thursday we went to a local park and wading pool for the girls, played 5 pin bowling watched movies and ate out for dinner (again). By the way, I did manage to eat poutine EVERY DAY while I was there, oh man, I miss it so much! For those uneducated folk who are unfamiliar with this deliciousness, google it. And then go to Canada and eat it.
Friday we went to the Cobourg beach, which is right on Lake Ontario. It was sooo nice! It was warm and sunny and felt just like an ocean beach here at home. The girls had a blast! Then Uncle Dave and Aunt Lois graciously treated us to dinner at the Yacht Club.
Saturday we left to drive home and stayed overnight in West Virginia somewhere. Drove the rest of the way home on Sunday to see our dumb dog Calvin, who missed us very much. He shows his love by peeing everywhere when he greets us. It's a lovely gesture. We had such a great time, thanks mom and dad for keeping us!





No comments:
Post a Comment