Cory's parents went up to Maine this weekend and invited us to go along with them. Since Cory is a workin' man now, and I am still without a job, I decided to join them! I flew to Boston and Cory's parents picked me up and we drove up to Maine. Along the way we stopped at a popular lobster shack in Cape Elizabeth and ate fresh Maine seafood! It was my first time tasting lobster. The lobster shack is right on the coast so I got to see the Northeast Atlantic ocean for the first time!

The trees were changing colors so the views of the mountains were beautiful. We went to Acadia National Park and went up Cadillac Mountain (the highest mountain on the eastern coast), went to seal harbour and toured the famous city Bar Harbour...or as they would call it "Bah Habah." The Mainer's have such cute accents! We also saw a couple of lighthouses.



Of course, I couldn't leave Maine without finding Stephen King's house! My mom loves Stephen King and I grew up with his books. Since we were staying in Bangor, (which is the city he lives in) I had to get a picture of me in front of his house! Notice the bats on his front gate. Typical Stephen King!

I definitely wouldn't mind summer vacations up in Maine . We were lucky we had beautiful weather for October. But you won't catch me up there in the winter!
3 comments:
Congrats on your first trip to Maine, Sarah! Isn't it awesome!? I can't wait till we can get up there. Won't it be sweet when we can have big family reunions up there? On a side note, which house did you like the best? Talk to ya later!
LOVE!
Maine looks awesome! North Carolina looks really cool too. It's all not as good as Nebraska! If yall change your mind, you can still come back. We'll still take ya. We all miss you guys!
Georgeous pictures!! Wish we could be there to enjoy the fall colors and the great weather. We've got great weather here...if you like sunny and mid 80's! What a great fall!!
Post a Comment