Saturday, December 08, 2007

Cozumel cruise

It was Cory and my 5th year anniversary last week and to celebrate, we went on a cruise! A Carnival cruise to Cozumel Mexico from last Thursday until Monday. We drove 10 hours to Mobile, Alabama where the cruise left from. Our ship is the only ship on any cruise line that leaves from Alabama. We had a great time!
We had 2 days at sea and in between, we went to port at Cozumel where we had booked an excursion. The excursion was a "mini-jeep and snorkeling" tour. We drove in tiny mini-jeeps through the jungle, then to a beach where we snorkeled. We saw a pretty big sting ray, not to mention tons of fish and beautiful coral. Then we saw salt-water crocodiles and Mayan ruins and a lighthouse. It was beautiful weather, about 85 degrees.
During the days at sea, there was tons of stuff to do on the boat, lots of shows, and of course, lots of eating! I ate about 3 ice cream cones a day. We mini-golfed, gambled on the 1-cent slots (you heard me right), watched an ice-carving demonstration and more.While at the lighthouse I cut my foot on a bolt at the top and so I limped around the boat the last 2 days. However, I had received a mexican band-aid from our tour guide and we were afraid it would do more harm than good...the gauze part was dyed red and stained my foot red for a couple days (????). Cory feared that I got "Mexican-red-band-aid disease". It's all healed now though! After a long 10 hours drive back home we had to get right back into work the next day. After so much traveling this year, I think we'll be staying put for a while!

3 comments:

New Brunswick Russells said...

Your cruise looks like it was lots of fun. How would Auntie Sarah and Uncle Cory like to watch their niece and nephews so we can experience the same thing. The kids would love to see you and really enjoy spending time with you both.
The New Brunswick Russells

Katie said...

Holy Awesome! That sounds so fun! I'm really jealous. I didn't even know they had salt water crocs in Mexico. Learn something new everyday. Congrats on five years, too. Ha-Ha-Ha-Happy Anniversary!

Katie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.