Went to the Doctor Tuesday and I was only at 1cm dilation (as I had been for weeks), so we scheduled me to be induced the following Monday. That night, I woke at 3 am and broke my water! So we went to the hospital as I started having mild contractions (I thought, hey, I can handle THESE). WELL they checked me at 4 am and I was already 5 cm. Then the contractions started to really hurt. That's the point that I promptly asked for the drugs. Mmmmmm, drugs. Wonderful, happy, drugs.
After I received the epidural, and laid there with increasing contractions, they checked on me again, at around 8:30 pm. I was fully dilated and she was already moving toward the light. So I started to push around 8:45, and she was born 25 minutes later! From 1 cm dilated to birth was 6 hours total. Sweet.
Sophie was born at 9:09 am. We stayed in the hospital for 2 days and came home on Friday. That's where the real challenge began. We've been sleep deprived and very busy of course, but we are so thrilled to have our little girl. She's gorgeous and worth everything we went through.
1 comment:
Congratulations! She is adorable! I hope you are all getting lots of sleep!
Post a Comment