Saturday, May 14, 2011

Introducing....Sienna Eve Quinlan!

SHE'S HERE!

Sienna Eve Quinlan
Born May 9, 2011
12:43am
8 lbs!
21.25 inches

Lots of dark hair, and a dimple too!

Condensed version of her arrival:

Mothers Day: Complaining that I am 39 weeks and 1 day and STILL pregnant! :)Getting ready to pick up Gramma Russell from the airport.  Talked to her on the phone saying that nothing was happening with me yet, so Cory will be there to get her.
Half hour later while trying to take a nap, my water broke! After about half hour of humming and ho-ing wondering if I just peed myself or not, we realized it was NOT pee.
Called my friend Stacey to come over to watch Sophie until my mom arrived and called another friend to go pick up my mom from the airport, and then we went to the hospital. I am already 4 cm dilated by this point as told to me by my doctor 3 days earlier. 
Went from 4-6 cm slowly, about 5 hours, with minimal contractions.  Then I got my epidural as they started to get stronger. Dilation was stalled at 6 cm for 5 hours because I had part of the amniotic sac in the way of Sienna's head and the cervix, which they didn't notice before. They had started me on a low dose of pitocin before they had found out the sac was in the way so they broke the sac and together with the sac moved and the pitocin I went from 6 to 10 cm in 2 hours! The epidural couldn't keep up with how quickly I was contracting and dilating, so I could feel more than I wanted when it came time to push! I only had to push for 13 minutes but they were a painful 13 minutes! 

Overall, I was in "labor" (can't really say it was labor when most of it was laying around painlessly waiting to dilate) for 12 hours, when with Sophie everything happened naturally in 5 1/2 hours!


Things are going well!  Of course we are sleep deprived, no surprise there, but we are enjoying her and taking it one day at a time. It's nice to have my mom here to help.

So, here are some pics of our recent addition to our family! (First, a final belly shot days before she arrived)














 

4 comments:

New Brunswick Russells said...

So adorable! Welcome to the family Sienna.

Brandon and Becca said...

Super cute! She definitely looks related to Sophie (also super cute). Good luck getting some sleep.

Joy said...

We have been anxiously waiting pictures.
Beautiful girls run in the family. Can't get over all the hair. Sophie will be a wonderful big sister. I know your mom is where she wants to be...and LOVING it!!
You are all much loved. Lots of hugs and kisses to all.
Auntie Joy & Uncle Eric
oxox

Katie said...

Congrats you guys! Sienna Eve! What a pretty name. Sorry that you felt more than you wanted to. I know how that is. :) I hope things are going well!