So...the pregnancy brain sucks. I am so forgetful and feel like a space cadet all the time. However, as a scientist I need an explanation! Apparently your pregnancy hormones actually affect memory function and the cell volume (not number of cells) in your brain so your function is impaired. After pregnancy, your brain cells should increase in volume back to normal and function normally again. That makes me feel better.
However, this post is dedicated to reminding myself that I am not a space cadet! I feel like I'm overwhelmed with mommy duties and baby incubator issues that I forget I used to have a career and other interests.
So here are some links to abstracts of scientific research I've worked on and published, and some articles I've written lately, just as a reminder of the stuff my brain used to know :)
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21457102
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21194112
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20930617
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16329854
http://www.livestrong.com/article/369743-why-are-carbohydrates-good-for-the-body/
http://www.livestrong.com/article/357661-fast-heart-rate-pregnancy/
http://www.ehow.com/about_6565522_do-bones-make-blood-cells_.html
http://www.ehow.com/about_6521920_difference-embryonic-adult-stem-cell_.html
http://www.soyouwanna.com/explanation-dna-analysis-23528.html
Ahhhhh, that's better.
1 comment:
I usually just tell people I have Alzheimers disease. When I was YW's pres and pregnant with Isaac I told the YW I had Alzheimers and one of the girls was so sympathetic, "I'm so sorry Sister Russell." You certainly feel like you are loosing your brain cells when you are pregnant. We hope all goes well with your delivery, and can't wait to see the new addition to the family.
Post a Comment