Saturday, November 10, 2012

10th Anniversary trip...NO KIDS!

Our 10th anniversary is this month. We won't get into how I can't believe it's been that long and we won't delve into anything mushy. All I can say is, we got to go on a NO-KIDS anniversary trip and it was awesome!  Cory's parents flew down from Maine to stay with the girls for 5 days.

We drove down to Charlotte and stayed in a really nice hotel and did a lot of NOTHING. Which was so nice.  We slept in, watched movies in bed, ate out every meal (except breakfast, the hotel provided that), just lazed around, went shopping at IKEA and at Concord Mills mall, went to the MOVIE THEATER (huzzah huzzah!) and saw 2 movies, went 3-par golfing, and then we did something really fun that we certainly can't do with kids....I know what you're thinking....


We went to the US National Whitewater Center and went ziplining, traversed 3 ropes courses high up in the trees and then did a FREEFALL jump off a 3-story platform. I knew that's what you were thinking!
 




Yessir, even I, who doesn't like to leave my zone of comfort, walked off a 3-story platform, holding on to nothing and freaking out the whole way.  It. Was. Awesome. Let me just reiterate that I walked into nothingness, no poles or ropes to hang on to, not being able to see the harness which was behind me, and just trusting I would reach the ground alive. There was only a couple of seconds of sheer-terror-free-fall, the worst part is the first step off the building. The cable harness thingy kicked in pretty quickly, but I was shaking so bad when I hit the ground! Then I did it again.  Cory did it 4 times.  Show off.


Oh yeah, and the girls did so great with Grammie and Grampie! Even Sienna, she went into what was named "survival mode," and did really well without us. We were tempted not to return :)

We'll have to make this a regular occurrence, this no-kid trip. It brought back my sanity for a while, and we were able to have fun together without talking about snacks, poop, pee, crying, sleeping, yet another outfit change, etc. etc. Thank you so much Grammie and Grampie for coming down!

No comments: